- Modern Miracle of Dental Implants
- Can’t Have Dental Implants?
- Implants for Single/Multiple Teeth
- Investing in Dental Implants
- Diseased Teeth & Gums
- Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Diseased Teeth
- Psychological Lift of Implants
- Cosmetic & Social Benefits
- Hidden Cost of Doing Nothing
- Invest in a Healthy Mouth
- Drawbacks of Dentures
- Partial Dentures Cause Bone Loss
- No Denture Adhesives
- The Truth About Missing Teeth
- What is a Dental Implant?
- Why Dental Implants?
- Are You Suffering?
- Do You Love to Eat?
- Financing Your Dental Implants
Atlanta Dental Implant Questions
A dental implant is a bio-compatible, man-made substitute for a missing tooth root(s); it is usually made of a space-age alloy of titanium. Basically, dental implants are cylinders that are placed into the bone and then allowed to heal undisturbed, which locks them into place like an anchor. After a few months, the implants are used as foundation for replacing the missing teeth.
Dental implants restore lost chewing ability, improve appearance, end embarrassment, and give real self-confidence to patients who need them. They are a real breakthrough!
Marietta GA Tooth Replacement
Here is How it Works:
1) If there is a hopeless tooth still in place, it is first painlessly removed.
2) The Dental Implant is "planted" into your bone in an ideal 3-dimensional position. Local anesthesia and Intravenous Sedation make this a very comfortable process.
3) Your body's bone-forming cells immediately begin to "bond" to the titanium surface of the implant. This is a very thorough process and may take from two to four months to complete. **At no time are you required to not wear teeth and in many cases a temporary non-removable crown or bridge can be placed immediately after the dental implant(s) are in place.** Your body does not reject the new implant material, but ties it in with great strength as if it were a natural part of your own body.
4) Once the dental implant is tightly in place, a wider post (called an "abutment") is finally attached to the implant and your new tooth is attached to this second post.
5) You have a new tooth or teeth! You are the only one who knows it is man-made, and implants are so comfortable you'll soon forget which one it is.
Dental implants are the most stable and economically far-sighted solution to the very real problem of missing teeth. This procedure is one that we have accomplished repeatedly for satisfied patients over many years. The friendly staff at Gilreath Dental Associates also has in-depth training and great experience in the area and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Excellence in Dental Implants
If you are interested in getting more information about dental implants, please contact Gilreath Dental Associates today to schedule a consultation with a Dental Implant Specialist. We look forward to hearing from you.
Dental Implant Questions | Tooth Replacement | Oral Surgery Dental Implants
Atlanta | Marietta | Sandy Springs | Georgia